Top Tips for Avoiding Joint Pain During the Winter
The winter months can increase the likelihood of pain in the joints; but there are things that you can do to minimise the effects of the cold weather.
- It is imperative to keep wrapped up. This can help prevent the muscles from contracting around the nerve endings and minimise pain.
- Thermal and body shape wear can help to keep the body warm.
- Take joint care supplements such as vitamin C and Omega 3.
- Stretching the body, especially in the mornings and evenings can help to keep the joints supple and release tension.
- Regular exercise is extremely effective, but be careful of carrying out strenuous exercise outdoors as this can lead to injury.
- Exercise indoors is preferable during the winter months.
Alternatively, if you are concerned about persistent back or joint pain, please give us a call on 01384 375271 for a Free Consultation.