Exercise in the New Year
Is your New Year’s Resolution to take up exercise and get fit? If so, excellent, go for it! But a word of caution, here are a few things to remember.
- It is advisable to consult your osteopath before taking up any new form of exercise, especially if you have back or joint problems – if in doubt, call us for a free consultation on 01384 375271.
- Always stretch before and after exercise; but only do what is comfortable and try not to overstretch.
- Especially during the winter months, it is important to warm up properly to avoid injury.
- It may be advisable to carry out more strenuous exercise indoors during colder periods.
- As well as improving fitness, strength and flexibility, exercise is good for the mind and can really boost your mood and wellbeing during the dreary winter months.
- Finally, remember to keep hydrated. So if your resolution to give up the Gin fails, try adding a little extra tonic!